The six-pointed star stands for the six days of creation, and represents the six attributes of God: power, wisdom, majesty, love, mercy and justice.
Jesus taught the disciples how to pray: Matthew 6:9-13 NIV. “This, then, is how you should pray:
“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.
I researched today the 6 point message in praying to Our Father in Heaven and it really helped me to understand the prayer Jesus was teaching us to pray.
1. Praise God and his Holy Name.
2. Ask for heaven to come to earth in every situation, praying to our Father whenever we are in need.
3. Ask for our daily personal needs, trusting and having dependence on our Father.
4. Ask our Father’s forgiveness and forgive others.
5. Ask for our Father’s guidance.
6. Ask and believe in God’s protection from the evil one.